Hi friends. How was your morning? Let me know in the comments.
I have a very interesting morning routine, so I thought I’d share it with you today.
At 5:35, my Shake-it Alarm goes off and I roll out of bed and violently shake my phone to turn the alarm off.
Sometimes, at this point, I just crawl back in bed. And that’s it. End of my special morning routine.
However, most times, I check my text and email instead. If I have a lot of emails from my blog, I’ll pop on my glasses and open up my laptop and check it out.
I usually work on a post or something I’m writing for myself at this point.
After I’m done with the internet, I might do one of a few things –
- grab what I’m currently reading (today it’s Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth and a bunch of research books for a paper I’m doing in school) and lay in bed or on my floor and read for a good bit.
- or I’ll do some ab or arm exercises or (usually) relaxing, calming yoga in front of my still-dark windows.
- sometimes I’ll just turn on my Spotify playlist and start jamming out and getting ready.
Around now, it’s a bit after six and I have to actually go get ready, so I head to the bathroom and stick my contacts in and wash my face and all that jazz.
SO. Waking up early can be a challenge. As long as I don’t do it everyday and I have something nice to do when I wake up, it’s not that bad, now that I’ve gotten used to it.
Let me just be honest here. I am not a morning person. Not by anyone’s imagination. I get up early so that I can have some nice me time before starting a crazy weekday, as selfish as that sounds.
Also, everyone who knows me knows that I am not at all nice when I’m tired, so that means I’m not at all nice in the mornings.
so here are some tips so that you can have a wonderful morning routine –
- coffee. or food. Something you like to eat or drink.
- do one small thing you like in the morning. It can be anything from working out to watching youtube.
- think about something, in your future day, that will help you get out of bed in the morning. For me, it’s either food or food or food. Or writing or one of my friends. Or working out.
- make a playlist of songs you’ve been really liking recently and songs which don’t necessarily need to be uplifting, just songs that don’t put you to sleep. Play the playlist in the mornings when you’re doing stuff, and update it frequently.
- sometimes you do need to sleep.
Alright, that’s all I have for now.
Adventure is out there.
— Faith (aka Adventuring Girl) xx